This week’s suggestions include celebrating April Fools’ Day, watching “Hop” or another new movie, catching the Final Four and more.
1. Friday is April Fools’ Day, so start thinking about what pranks you’d like to pull. Looking for some ideas? Google "April Fools' pranks" or another phrase to find some great suggestions.
2. The big movies opening this weekend are “Source Code,” a PG-13 thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal; “Insidious,” a PG-13 horror film; and the family-friendly “Hop,” rated PG, starring E.B. (Easter Bunny).
3. April is National Poetry Month, and many libraries and bookstores are holding events starting this weekend. Check the paper for listings, or contact your local library and see how you can join in on the fun.
4. Saturday is International Pillow Fight Day, and towns across the globe are participating. Check the newspaper or online to see if anything is scheduled in your town. If it isn’t, try to start your own event. Just remember to keep it safe and have rules about what type of pillows can be used.
5. The NCAA tournament Final Four takes place Saturday, with Virginia Commonwealth playing Butler and Kentucky playing Connecticut. Go to http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/schedules for game times and more.
GateHouse News Service