Baltimore Orioles at Philadelphia Phillies odds, picks and prediction
The Baltimore Orioles (48-103) and Philadelphia Phillies (77-74) play the finale of an interleague three-game set Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET. Let's analyze the lines around the Orioles vs. Philliesodds with MLB picks and predictions.
Orioles LHP Keegan Akin (2-10, 6.93 ERA) makes his 17th start and 24th appearance. He has a 1.61 WHIP, 7.6 K/9 and 3.9 BB/9 through 89 2/3 IP.
- Allowed 4 runs on 6 hits and 3 walks with no strikeouts across 4 innings in a loss at the Boston Red Sox Friday in his last outing.
- Is 0-2 with a 7.07 ERA with 3 homers allowed in 14 innings across three starts in September.
Phillies RHP Zack Wheeler (14-9, 2.83 ERA) makes his 31st start. He has a 1.02 WHIP, 10.4 K/9 and 1.9 BB/9 through 200 1/3 IP.
- Allowed 1 run on 4 hits and a walk with 6 strikeouts over 5 innings in a win Friday at the New York Mets for his fourth straight victory.
- Is 3-0 with a 1.02 ERA with 2 earned runs allowed across 17 2/3 innings in three September starts.
Orioles at Phillies odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Orioles +250 (bet $100 to win $250) | Phillies -320 (bet $320 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Orioles +2.5 (-125) | Phillies -2.5 (+102)
- Over/Under: 8.5 (O: +100 | U: -125)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Phillies 8, Orioles 2
Money line (ML)
The Phillies (-320) are too expensive to play straight up. Over the long haul, betting favorites this heavy is a losing strategy.
AVOID and look to the run line instead.
PHILLIES -2.5 (+102) is a better value on the run line. They should be able to tune up the southpaw Akin, just like everyone else has been doing lately. OF Bryce Harper has been sizzling at the plate lately, and Wheeler has been outstanding on the bump.
Back the home side in this pitching mismatch.
The play is the OVER 8.5 (+100). The Phillies might be able to take care of the number themselves. Akin has been the sacrificial lamb for the O's, getting hammered every time out lately.
On the flip side, Wheeler has been pitching well and won't allow much. However, the Phillies bats should be able to do most of the heavy lifting and inch this one across the finish line for an Over.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.