Seattle Mariners at Oakland Athletics odds, picks and prediction
The Seattle Mariners (81-69) and Oakland Athletics (82-68) meet Tuesday to continue a four-game AL West series at Oakland Coliseum. First pitch is slated for at 9:40 p.m. ET. Let's analyze the lines around the Mariners vs. Athleticsodds with MLB picks and predictions.
LHP Marco Gonzales is the projected starting pitcher for the Mariners. He is 8-5 with a 4.05 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 6.9 K/9, and 2.6 BB/9 across 124 1/3 IP through 22 starts.
- Current Oakland batters own an aggregate .774 OPS against him.
- Coming off making a season-high 110 pitches in his last start (3 ER over 6 IP against the Boston Red Sox).
- Owns a second-half ERA of 2.53 through 11 starts.
RHP Paul Blackburn is the projected starting pitcher for the Athletics. Blackburn is 1-2 with a 4.94 ERA, 1.57 WHIP, 5.9 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 over 27 1/3 IP across six starts.
- Has been hindered by a .341 batting average on balls in play.
- Has allowed 2 or fewer earned runs in three of his last five starts. That includes an Aug. 23 turn against Seattle (5 2/3 IP, 2 ER).
Mariners at Athletics odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Mariners +115 (bet $100 to win $115) | Athletics -140 (bet $140 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Mariners +1.5 (-180) | Athletics -1.5 (+145)
- Over/Under: 8.5 (O: -115 | U: -107)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Athletics 5, Mariners 3
Money line (ML)
The Mariners are continuing with a road trip that opened by taking two of three games at Kansas City over the weekend. In a stretch that includes Seattle sweeping a two-game set at Oakland Aug. 23-24 and taking Monday's series opener 4-2 the Mariners are 13-5 over their last 18 road games.
The Athletics were 12-8 over their previous 20 games before dropping Monday's opener.
Seattle holds a 9-4 lead in the season series, but the A's are a solid play with the way they've hit Gonzales. TAKE OAKLAND (-140).
The risk here is well-rewarded, and the A's have notched solid offensive numbers of late (.748 OPS in September).
BACK the ATHLETICS -1.5 (+145).
The Under was a solid winning play on Monday. There are a few cross signals for this one, though. A batter's breeze (which hurts Gonzales as a fly-ball pitcher) is added to the mix. PASS.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.