GENESEO — Fugitive David Clyde Morgan is still on the run, considered armed and dangerous.

On Tuesday Sheriff Thomas Dougherty had a press conference with state, federal, and local law enforcement to alert the public that Morgan is still at large.

Inv. Josh Monster showed the media the dashcam footage from Geneseo Police Officer DiPasquale’s vehicle as he stopped Morgan for traffic violations on July 18.

You see DiPasquale approach the vehicle, as a male driver and female passenger exit the vehicle. It is at this moment DiPasquale notices Morgan has a gun, and the female has what appeared to be a weapon. Morgan aimed his gun at DiPasquale. DiPasquale fired one round, and did not hit either suspect. The female held her hands behind her back, as Morgan continued to aim at DiPasquale. Both suspects ran into the cornfield.

Monster broke down the entire scene for the media as he looked at stills of the dashcam footage.

Geneseo Police Chief Eric Osganian said that Officer DiPasquale did exactly what he was trained to do in that situation, and no one was injured in this case.

“The suspect did not shoot his gun, it was the officer who shot his gun,” he said. “The officer went to the back of his car for cover. He did everything he was supposed to do, and he did a great job. The female made it look like she had a gun in her hand, and that was very menacing to the officer.”

James P. Kennedy, United States Attorney, said Morgan is charged by criminal complaint with being a felon in possession of a firearm. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison, and a fine of $250,000.

“We are trying to bring him to justice. This serves as a reminder of what our law enforcement deals with on a daily basis,” he said. “The officer was doing a traffic stop, and had his life put in danger. We are working closely with the Livingston County District Attorney’s office.”

Kennedy said that the federal, state, and local law enforcement are working together to respect the rules of the law.

Charles Salina, United States Marshall, said that there are wanted posters put up in several states asking for anyone with information on Morgan to call them.

“We released a video to show how Morgan appeared that day. He has tattoos on both his arms, and is said to be very well spoken,” he said. “He is considered a fugitive, and anyone who has seen him can call us.”

Dougherty said that the information given had to be careful, because this case will be prosecuted in local or federal court once he is in custody.

“We are asking anyone with any information about Morgan to give us a call; it may be the piece we need to get this guy,” he said. “I have been upfront from the start that I understand residents have concerns. We are one of the safest counties, so this kind of thing doesn’t happen often. The suspect made a poor decision to leave North Carolina and come here. He brought those problems he had there with him here.”

Dougherty said that this gentleman will be apprehended, and there is a lot of state and federal help.

“It is abnormal that there has been no burglaries, stolen cars, or larceny. That is the first thing you look for when someone is on the run. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes,” Dougherty said. “It would be hard to believe if he is still in the area. We can’t confirm if he is in the woods, or if he is dead or alive. It is extremely difficult terrain out there. We had cadaver dogs on the lookout last week, and they didn’t find anything.”

Dougherty urged the community to not live in fear, and said that everyday he and the U.S. Marshals are looking to bring Morgan into custody. He also asked that anyone who drove by the scene that day to come forward about anything they remember.

Morgan had previously served 200 months in Texas State Prison for a meth charge. There was a search warrant in North Carolina for a drug search at his residence. There was no explanation given as to why he was in Geneseo. The investigation is ongoing.

The female passenger, Sandra Nadine Brown, was put into custody after she walked unarmed out of the cornfield on July 18. It was discovered she had held up her cellphone to make it look like a weapon to distract the police officer. Brown told investigators she had known Morgan for two years, and dated him for six months. Brown also told investigators that on July 11 the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office had executed a raid on Morgan’s home in Wilmington, North Carolina. They decided to run from North Carolina with a .22 black pistol. In 2002 Morgan was convicted of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute 50 grams or more of meth. As a result he is legally prohibited from possessing a firearm.

Morgan is 5’ 7’’, brown eyes, unique teeth, tattoos on both arms, and was last seen with a gray long sleeve shirt, blue jeans, and a baseball cap. If anyone has any information call 844-LCSO-TIP or 585-243-7100.