Indians head coach Ron Macomber Jr.'s team completed an undefeated regular season in boys soccer on Friday night at Kiwanis Park in Nunda as Keshequa clipped Warsaw in the concluding contest of the campaign in a 3-1 final. The victory pushed the Indians to 14-0-2  on the season,  strangely enough though, rival Geneseo at 15-1 has attained the  No. 1 seed in Class C2 due to strength of schedule seeding points.


Keshequa 4, Pavilion/York 0


Deuces wild was the cry of the Keshequa boys soccer squad as they would score twice in each half of Wednesday night's encounter with Pavilion/YorkYork to keep their winning ways alive with a 4-0 win at the Purple Palace. 

Coach Ron Macomber Jr, who just eclipsed the 100-win mark in his coaching career, saw his club improve to 13-0-2 on the year. 

The Indians got on the warpath fairly early in the game when they would fire off a few shots, the first one to find the mark came 13 minutes into the game when Damon Rathbun assisted on a Nick Wood score making it 

1-0. About 10 minutes later, Rathbun set up Bryce Bennett who made it a two-goal game at the half. The orange and black continued to attack the purple and gold net when Dustyn Zangerle scored from Journey Boss about 17 minutes into the second half. The visiting Indians sealed the deal when Adam Curry found Tanner Bugman for the score in the 75th minute of play making the final 4-0. 

Keshequa (13-0-2) fired off 25 shots to very few for Pavilion / York in the game. Austin Galton recorded another shutout in goal with two saves as the Indians had six corner-kicks in the contest.



Keshequa 4, Byron-Bergen-Elba 0


On Columbus Day 2015, the Keshequa boys soccer team discovered that they are one game and one victory away from completing an unbeaten regular season. On Monday night in Nunda the Indians scored twice in each half and played tough defense for the entire game as Keshequa shut out visiting Byron-Bergen-Elba by a final score of 4-0. 

The orange and black got on the board in the 18th minute of the game when Damon Rathbun would assist on a goal by Connor Mann. Then just seconds before the half ended, Damon Rathbun would notch an unassisted goal making it a 2-0 game at the intermission. It was Rathbun who would strike again 15 minutes into the second half on an unassisted goal to extend the lead. Finally, with 16 minutes left in the game Connory McEvoy would find Dustyn Zangerle who would finish the scoring in a 4-0 final in favor of the Indians.  The locals fired off 14 shots in the game as Austin Galton made seven saves for the Indians.




Keshequa 1, York 0


At the Round Table in Retsof a defensive battle tipped Keshequa's way in girls soccer action as the visiting Indians picked up the lone goal of the contest came seven minutes into the second half and the defense would do the rest as Keshequa prevailed over the purple and gold by a 1-0 final. 

Following an uneventful first half, Keshequa's Cameryn Bugman buried a direct kick in the 47th minute of play that found its way into the net. The goal was enough for the Indians to safeguard over the remaining 33 minutes and pick up the 1-0 win which put the orange and back on the winning track. 

Keshequa (7-6-2) saw goalie Payton Powers pick up the shutout and stop eight shots along the way to the win. Kim Lubanski had three saves for York, who would outshoot the Lady Indians in the contest. 


Keshequa 2, Mt. Morris. 0


On a rainy, chilly, extremely windy Thursday night in Nunda, the Keshequa girls soccer team paid tribute to six of their own seniors at Kiwanis Park; Amber McQuillen, Shannon Cortese, Kathryn Gelser, Abby Wood, Lillian Willett and Hannah Moriarty. 

The pre-game ceremony set the stage for the route 408 rivalry which saw Keshequa claim both meetings by identical 2-0 scores. Coach Pat Forrester's Indians won at Bellamy Park earlier in the year with a pair of second half goals by Cameryn Bugman. On this night Bugman would get one of the goals while Hayley Smith notched the other in a Keshequa sweep in front of the hometown fans in Nunda as the regular season closes.

The first half was scoreless although each team had some chances. Early in the half Mt. Morris would plunk the crossbar up top with shot inside the box. Later in the action, just before halfltime, Camryn Bugman turned to fire a point-blank range shot that was headed for the net, when Mt. Morris defender Lauren Simmons raced over and blocked the shot with her body, deflecting the shot wide. Like the first game, there was no score after the first 40 minutes of windy rain.

In the second half Keshequa would finally break through at the 28:55 mark when Hayley Smith took a loose ball out beyond the top of the box and drilled a low liner from about 25 yards out that skidded through the defense and darted into the corner off the wet grass. The rains altered the travel of the ball to where it would skip and skid quickly rather than reacting with a true roll or bounce.  With 15-41 left in the game the Indians put another rush on the box where Shannon Cortese got in on the right side and fired about a 10 yard shot that hit the left side post that squirted back out, but Cameryn Bugman was on the doorstep to push it back in making the final 2-0 as the orange and black closed out the season with a win for the seniors.

Keshequa (8-5-2) held an edge in shots 16-15 and corner-kicks 3-1, while in goal Indians keeper Payton Powers had eight saves for the shutout and Rose DiAngelo had seven saves for the Blue Devils.