This week’s suggestions include five ways to have fun this New Year’s weekend (assuming Monday and Tuesday are part of your weekend!).
1. Monday night is New Year’s Eve, and New York City won’t be the only town that’s rockin’: Many pubs, restaurants and the like have special parties planned. Check the newspaper for information on the hot spots. Of course, don’t feel bad about staying in and celebrating by watching the Times Square festivities. If you go out, please make sure to have a designated driver in your group or call a taxi.
2. Now that the new year is almost here, make sure you make it easier for yourself to stick to your resolutions. Did you set a goal of losing weight or getting in shape? Why not check out health clubs or home gym equipment this weekend? The sooner you start on your new goal, the better you’ll likely fare.
3. The Tournament of Roses Parade steps off at 10 a.m. EST on Tuesday, so you should be recovered from your eve parties and be able to watch this classic.
4. The college football bowl games should keep you entertained as well – there’s a full slate of games this weekend. Check ncaafootball.com for the full bowl schedule.
5. This Sunday marks the last weekend of NFL regular-season action, so be sure to tune in to some games, especially if your team isn’t going to make the playoffs. Why not head to a pub and commiserate with fellow fans as you watch your team for the last time this season? Find schedules, news and more at www.nfl.com.
GateHouse News Service