|
|
|
The Dansville Online
  • Emergency services respond to home explosion in Ossian

  • Dansville Fire and EMS were dispatched to 4424 Christian Rd in the Town of Ossian for a report of a gas explosion in the kitchen of a residence and the homeowner outside with injuries.

    • email print
  • Dansville Fire and EMS were dispatched to 4424 Christian Rd in the Town of Ossian for a report of a gas explosion in the kitchen of a residence and the homeowner outside with injuries.
    The homeowner, Terry Hedges was trying to locate the source of an odor he thought was possibly a deceased animal in the residence. The odor was actually caused by sewer gases that were venting into the basement, due to improper venting in the sewer line. Preliminary investigation revealed that high levels of methane gas built up in the residence and was ignited by the kitchen stove, causing major damage to a kitchen island area.
    The homeowner was blown across the room and suffered minor burns, cuts and bruises and was transported by EMS to Noyes Hospital for observation. Assisting at the scene was Livingston County ALS, Livingston County Emergency Management and New York State Police.
      • calendar