This week’s suggestions include watching “The Dark Knight Rises,” celebrating National Lollipop Day, observing the anniversary of the moon landing, and more. What are you planning to do this weekend? Please share!
1. Perhaps the most anticipated movie of the summer opens this week: “The Dark Knight Rises,” the last in the Batman trilogy from Christopher Nolan. The PG-13 movie stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway. Some theaters are playing all the films in the trilogy, so check the newspaper for listings.
2. Friday is the anniversary of the first manned landing on the moon, and libraries, museums and observatories might be holding events. Check the newspaper for details. Apollo 11 touched down on July 20, 1969, and about seven hours later, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon.
3. Friday is a sweet day: it’s National Lollipop Day. Head to your favorite candy shop and pick up a lollipop today!
4. The Tour de France ends on Sunday, and you’ll be able to catch the exciting conclusion on TV. Check your listings for times, or head to the official website.
5. Monday is Hot Enough For Ya Day, and, boy, is it perfect timing – most of the U.S. is suffering through another heat wave. Cool off this weekend by going to a pool or the beach, playing in sprinklers, eating ice cream or doing something to stay cool.
GateHouse News Service