It’s not that I have an overly complicated life. Its just that I need a new perspective — and I want you to help. I’ve been thinking about rearranging my schedule, but I keep coming back to what I’ve used in the past.
So, here’s the deal. I’d like to tell you the main things on my schedule and have you tell me how you’d arrange things. Are you in?
Here are the basics:
- I work from 8:30 to 5 and my commute is roughly 30 minutes each way.
- The boys are in bed around 9 p.m.
- I do freelance work and blogging on the side. I’d love to dedicate eight to 10 hours to that each week.
- Getting up before 6 a.m. is difficult, but I could try to do it if that turns out to be the best way to rearrange things.
- I like to watch “Castle” with my hubby. That comes on at 10 p.m. Mondays.
What I’d like to work into the schedule:
- I’d like to stop piling up housework for the weekend so I can have more time to relax and enjoy my family.
- I used to do freelance work in the mornings but I think my oldest son would enjoy it if I had breakfast with him and visited.
- I’d like to make one-on-one time for the boys, but it needs to be scheduled so we don’t ignore it if we get busy.
- The boys like it when I plan special adventures and fun food. That means time on Pinterest and other blogs to get ideas, though.
- I’d love to improve my family’s social life. Maybe we could have people over more often?
- I thought it might be fun to have a family devotional after dinner or schedule time to send cards and make gifts for folks.
- I also like to craft, but it seems I’m always too busy.
How do I fit those things in — should it be before work? After the boys go to sleep?
What works for you? What things do you make time for?