DANSVILLE — The capital project at the Dansville Public library took a few years and over $1 million before being completed late 2011.
However, the payments are being made and Tuesday, Community Bank N.A. of Dansville made their final payment to a $12,000 pledge with a $3,000 donation to the library.
"We felt it was important to support the community," said Community Bank Branch Assistant Donna Brokaw. "Everyone utilizes the library and we wanted to ensure the library would be here and running."
Not only is the library running, but they are looking at ways to utilize additional meeting room space and bring more classes to the library.
"We really are an anchor of this part of Main Street," said Library Director Teresa Dearing. "Having a strong library is an economic boost for the community."
The library has more computers, printers and a fax service as well as a free, strong WIFI connection.
"We have people who come in with their memory sticks to do work because their internet is down or ours is fast," said Dearing. "Sometimes they need to print ... it's a different world!
"We are starting a new plan of service for the library and soon we will be asking the public what they would like to see more of and what classes they would want," Dearing added.
A few facts and notes about the Dansville Public Library:
• The library serves just over 10,000 people with a circulation of around 64,000.
• The main emphasis is on children's programs, including an early literacy program for babies and a reading program for ages 3 and up.
• During the summer, the library participates in the New York State Summer Reading Program.
• There are several workshops for kids sponsored by the Dansville Lions Club. Recently, they worked on "exploring" projects about the Civil War, photography and writing.
• There are eReader programs, family research geneology programs, an upcoming "Clear the Clutter" class (Saturday at 10 a.m.) and they offer one-on-one basic computer instruction, including how to set up an email account.
• The library is a member of the Pioneer Library System.
The library is located at 200 Main St., and they are open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Saturday from noon to 4 p.m. They are online at dansvillelibrary.org, on Facebook at facebook.com/pages/Dansville-Public-Library, or by phone at (585) 335-6720.