This week’s suggestions include catching “Hereafter” or “Paranormal Activity 2” at the theater, participating in Make A Difference Day and celebrating Mother-in-Law Day.
- Two supernaturally themed movies are the big ones opening this week: “Hereafter” and “Paranormal Activity 2.” “Hereafter,” rated PG-13, is directed by Clint Eastwood and stars Matt Damon, and it looks to be a decent family movie for those with teenagers. “Paranormal Activity 2” is rated R and is about a terrorizing ghost/demon.
- Today is Make A Difference Day, so get out in your community and make a difference! The USA Weekend holiday is designed to get people volunteering to lend a hand. Many groups are participating, so check the newspaper for details, or contact your local charity groups on ways to get involved.
- It’s Mother-in-Law Day, so don’t forget to give your mother-in-law a call or send her a card. If she lives near you, she’ll really appreciate a dinner courtesy of her son- or daughter-in-law.
- Halloween is next weekend, and haunted houses are in full swing. Check the paper for listings, or look online for the best haunted houses in your area.
- And finally, if you just want to kick back and relax this weekend, check out the websites of Major League Baseball, the NFL, NCAA football, NHL and the like for information on game times.
GateHouse News Service